Friday, July 14, 2006

Is this promise still true?

Genesis 12:
1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family and from your father's house, To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

It has been true since it was promised to Abraham by God. Just a cursory look at history, even in the last 200 years, shows that nations who bless Abraham's people are blessed and those who curse them are cursed.

I suppose that in the coming weeks and months we will see this on our TV news. I hope the United States and our allies will not turn on tiny Israel like much of the world has.

I am quite familiar with the arguement that in modern Israel there are only "Zionists" and that they are not really the biblical Israel, the people of Promise. There might be some validity to that line of reasoning, but what about the land?

Gen 13:14-15 "And the LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are, northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever.

A doctorate in theology is not needed to understand the word "Forever".

Royce Ogle

No comments: